Thursday, March 31, 2016

PDX's Vtopia Restaurant and Cheese Shop

vtopia, artisan vegan cheese, portland, pdx, review, gluten-free, vegan cheesevtopia, artisan vegan cheese, portland, pdx, review, gluten-free, vegan cheesevtopia, artisan vegan cheese, portland, pdx, review, gluten-free, vegan cheesevtopia, artisan vegan cheese, portland, pdx, review, gluten-free, vegan cheesevtopia, artisan vegan cheese, portland, pdx, review, gluten-free, vegan cheesevtopia, artisan vegan cheese, portland, pdx, review, gluten-free, vegan cheese
HelllOOOooo Vtopia? I RUV ROO.
I hit Vtopia Restaurant and Cheese Shop with friends today for a little Spring bake-sale planning work sesh, and I was more than a little bit distracted by my lunch. Holy Moly, this place just keeps getting better and better, which doesn't make sense, because it is already SO GOOD at base one.

I've been contemplating where to go for my birthday next month, and I really think this can't be beat. I'mma turn 48, all covered in cheese. It's decided.

So rich. So creamy. 
Vtopia stocks New Cascadia, which is pretty much the best GF bread you could ever hope for, so just about everything sammy style on the menu can be made gluten-free. This includes their cheesy bread, which today manifested in the form of grilled brie sandwhiches. I think it was brie, but it was melty, ooey gooey and divine, so why get hung up on details.

The Cheesy Bread came with salad and a bowl of one of the soup of the day specials, which was a creamy-cheesy-cauliflower soup topped with more cheese, green onion and coconut bacon. Basically, it was like eating a really good fondue with a spoon. Which is noteworthy, because I heard they're gonna be serving fondue soon, too.

Also there was ranch on my salad. This was such a deliciously, rich meal. I loved it all many times over. So much so that you are getting all the details. You so lucky.

This was my soup, Julie's salad and Cheesy Bread and Driftwood magazine. 
See? I wasn't kidding about the ooey gooey goodness of this.
Plus tables outside = dog dates.
Vee was emailing me during the entire meal. Do your dogs do that?
Truly. This place is one of my top PDX faves! Yum-O-Lum.

Vtopia Restaurant and Cheese Shop
1628 SW Jefferson Street
Portland, OR

They also sell cheese you can purchase online!

green smoothie, smoothie, flax, flaxseed, omega 3, teff love, ethiopian cooking, ethiopian, telba, recipe, kittee berns

Thanks for visiting my little crumb of the internet! Click here to subscribe to my blog and get posts delivered to your email when I update!

Come back soon!
xo kittee

11 comments:

  1. Oh I want to go there! But I will have to travel across the whole world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this place sounds amazing! How would you compare their cheeses to others on the market? That's so great that their GF bread is up to par, so that GF folks aren't missing out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cultured and are just as good or better than other cheeses. They make a lot of varieties including a cheese that's covered in a little chocolate.

      In the restaurant, you can order a cheese board where you pick 5 or so cheeses to taste. It comes with bread and fruit. They also stock other cheeses besides their own like Miyoko's and even some ive only seen there, which is fun if you really want to compare. The owners are the sweetest people ever, so it's just a great place to support.

      Delete
  3. Pepper sent you an email with an attachment, did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vegan cheese on everything is what my dreams are made of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post was perfectly timed! A friend just texted me about being in Portland for the weekend and asking where to eat. I said 'Go to Vtopia and report back to me!' I wont be down till the fall but this is on the list for sure! That and I told her to eat a Pixies Retreat millet burger for me, gah so good! Too cool you can have Vee on the patio :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm writing up my new favorites, but there's also a list of my favorite see and do activities on the right sidebar --->
      xo
      kittee

      Delete
  6. I'm a little jealous of the bread! There are just too many places to eat in Portland — I wish I lived a little closer.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.