Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Vegan Knitting: Tiny Raglan Cardigans.


vegan knitting doll-sized raglan cardigan diy
I wish you could see it in the photo, but the little lavender sweater has a cable running down the top of each sleeve.
My super-pal Hannah collects a very specific vintage doll, and has begun to amass a small posse of these girls, so of course I knit them each a tiny cardigan.

vegan knitting doll-sized raglan cardigan diy
Even though I haven't posted any sort of craft update in ages, I have been making stuff!
vegan knitting doll-sized raglan cardigan diy
All the yarn was from my vintage stash--all knit in cotton and synthetics.
Raglan cardigans are seamless sweaters knit from the top down, and since I've made quite a lot of these before, it was easy for me to come up with a tiny version that would fit Hannah's army.

vegan knitting doll-sized raglan cardigan diy
Whee! I think there are ten in all.
Each one was knit based on the same pattern (pattern info, more pictures and Ravelry link here), but with subtle changes to make each one unique. Some were knit in different stitch patterns, or with cables, or different button/waist bands and each sweater was knit in a different color.

Thanks for visiting my little crumb of the internet, and if you're on Ravelry, feel free to friend me there.

xo
kittee

8 comments:

  1. Wow! A woman came in our bookshop looking for patterns to knit her granddaughter's dolls clothing. I helped her search though all the knitting books, sadly we couldn't find anything! If I see her again I'll direct her to your Ravelry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I have loads of vintage doll knitting patterns so definitely have her contact me!

      Delete
  2. OMG seriously. These are so cute. You are my crafting guru. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What vintage dolls does she collect? My Mom is downsizing and she has a vintage Terri Lee doll (Toni doll by Ideal Terri Lee #530F in a Party Dress Taffeta)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Polish cloth doll that's filled with sawdust...

      Delete
  4. Oh WOWZER's I'm new to knitting and would love to knit these but would be lost without a pattern directing me from start to finish... Blushing!
    Google images directed me to your page. Thank YOU Google !!!
    And you have directed me to Ravelry ... Thank you so much ... I'm so thrilled as I see there are even some free 'doll knitting and crochet patterns'
    Big Thank you hugs from South Africa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ravelry is the way to go! It's amazing, and there are tons of free patterns there too.
      xo
      kittee

      Delete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.