Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Vegan Cuts' November Snack Box

Here's the swag that arrived in the November Vegan Cuts Snack Box.
The second subscription box I recently agreed to review was the November snack box from Vegan Cuts. Subscription boxes are awesome surprises, because even though I knew it was coming, I somehow forgot and tore in thinking it was from a secret admirer.

If you're not aware, Vegan Cuts is a 100% vegan company who curate subscription boxes. The snack box is $19.95 a month including shipping, in the US, but can ship worldwide. It comes with 7-10 different products to try, some in full size and some sized just to sample--most are gluten-free.

I think the best thing about snack boxes is being introduced to new products, and even though I live in easy, breezy vegan Portland, everything that came was something I'd never seen before.

The Raw Revolution peanut butter bar on the far left, was one of my favorites. 
I was concerned most of the goodies in the box would contain refined sugar or gluten, but was really surprised that almost everything we received was fruit sweetened, had maple syrup or another natural sweetener like brown rice syrup or coconut sugar. One of the crackers was made with wheat flour, and otherwise it was all Kittee Approved (R).

I really loved the Rebel Kitchen Cacao Mylk on the right (sweetened with date syrup). 
I'd definitely consider buying more of these again. Especially for road trippage.
We don't buy a lot of snacks at our place, so I was interested to see Dazee dive into the box over and over again. Maybe we don't buy snacks a lot, because they sorta disappear fast? I dunno, but it was fun to have a boxful of nosh in the house, even though we didn't love everything.

The chocolate coconut chunks from Organic Living Superfoods, were my favorite, but since they had cane sugar in them, I had to surrender them to Dazee. I'd never heard of vegan confectioner's glaze before, so I'd probably investigate that a bit, before buying more.
If you like my writing and/or my recipes, please consider sharing my posts (by linking back here), following me online, and being my friend when you bump into me at Food Fight. Building an audience with actual numbers makes it easier for me to offer you more and more content.

Thanks for the opportunity to try some new snacks, Vegan Cuts! And, thank you for visiting my little crumb of the internet!

Disclaimer: I received a free November snack box from Vegan Cuts. However, no other compensation or gift was exchanged for this review, and the fierce opinion posted here is my own.

0 zulu coconuts:

Post a Comment

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.