Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Littlest Beyaynetu.


The test drive as seen on Instagram.
Ye'misser wot, abucado, ye'souf fitfit, awaze ingudai tibs, and ye'abesha gomen.
Today I got to test drive my brand new chilblain-proof, water-proof, vegan-positive boots. They kept my peaches warm and dry even while standing in a 6-inch pool of water (clearing the drain on my flooding street).

To combat the rainiest afternoon, I made the tiniest beyaynetu (veggie combo) with a scrap of injera from yesterday's Emame's haul: spicy red lentils, avocado, torn injera mixed with a roasted sunflower seed sauce, mushrooms, and collard greens.

Babycake with a nut creme and date karmal. So good and no sugar shock.
Don't feel sad for me, 'cuz after my little lunch snack I gorged on a babycake from Pixie Retreat. I always hear folks talk about how expensive Pixie Retreat is, but I think it's priced perfectly. Otherwise, I'd eat it everyday.

I'm about to curl up in my warmed bed with Robin Robertson's Vegan without Borders, Angela Liddon's Oh She Glows, and Gluten Free Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.

xo
kittee

11 comments:

  1. If there is one thing I wish I could have on demand it's Pixies millet burger. I admittedly balked a the price the first time but remembered you'd said it was awesome. I look forward to it every time I visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good!! I prefer the Mock BLT, but PR is one of my favorite spots in PDX!

      Delete
  2. Hey I like your boots! Where are they from??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks! The duck boots are made by Crocs. They're super warm and super water proof. http://www.zappos.com/crocs-all-cast-waterproof-duck-boot-espresso-red

      xo
      kittee

      Delete
  3. I searched and searched! I'm looking for hidden information everywhere? What was Somer yapping about a new zine?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea! I thought that was you?? I dunno, I might make one, but I've been saying that for years.

      Delete
    2. I thought it was Susan yapping about the zine! So confused! At any rate, more zines please! Love and hugs to you both!

      Delete
  4. oh my gosh that baby cake looks SO YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. [ Smiles ] Cute vegan boots, Kittee!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.