Wednesday, December 31, 2014

All the Cheeseballs.



I have no intention of sharing my cheese-ball with this cheesy guy. I am all about cheeseball hoarding.
I decided to end this cheese-ball year properly, with Somer's Kick Ace Cheese-ball and proper company. 

I think I might be the last vegan on the internet to make this ball, but just in case I'm not, you should give it a go. It's super tasty! And the texture is smooth and melts in your mouth from the coconut oil. And since I just stocked up on cashews, I had everything I needed to make this happen without hitting the store. All thumbs up.

I rolled my ball in toasted pecans and chopped cilantro, because that's what I had in the fridge. Plus, I figure the cilantro factor might yield my portion higher due to haters.

Ginger Eyelashes! 
Happy New Year everyone!! I'm excited for January, because my book is released in two weeks!
xo
kittee

P.S. The great thing about this ball is if you eat some of it before you get to the potluck, just roll it back into a smaller ball. Ha!

10 comments:

  1. [ Smiles ] Hmm. An interesting vegan recipe.

    By the way, I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the prettiest little cheese ball ever! I spend so much time "cleaning" the food processor it's like a pregame snack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun to make! I love how firm it gets. I'm gonna try to culture it next time!

      Delete
  3. You're not the last vegan to make it, I might well be! It's the first thing I plan to make when I'm back home and in my own kitchen next week.
    Looking forward to spending the new year pawing through your latest cookbook :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Def give it a go in a food processor, it's super delicious! The coconut oil gives it a great texture that sorta melts in your mouth!

      Delete
  4. Kittee, you're not the last vegan on the internet who hasn't tried this recipe. I've been waiting for my sweet moment, and I think it's getting closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's really good! I've been stealing little slices of it every day!
      xo
      kittee

      Delete
  5. I made this ball for a holiday party, and it was such a hit! I so wanted leftovers, but there were none. Sigh. Shoulda coated mine in cilantro. That is a pro tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha!
      the cilantro trick works everytime!
      xo
      kittee

      Delete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.