|Smoked Coconut Gouda!|
Worry not, this pretty photo is being used with permission from Somer at Vedged Out.
My lovely friend Somer from Vedged Out, recently updated her Smoked Coconut Gouda recipe, and it's making an internet splash! I even heard that some prefer it over the new Field Roast Chao cheese (which is the freeky-yum btw), quite a statement.
Anyway, it's on my weekend to-make list, but first I need to whip up some Worcestershire sauce, since you need a little dab of it to make the cheese. I'm not a fan of store bought vegan Worcestershire, so I made up my own recipe back in the days when I was veganizing New Orleans. I'm sharing it below, 'cuz it's way cheaper than the store stuff and better tasting ta boot.
Go check out Somer's recipe! Then saunter back here and whip up your own WS!
Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
This makes a big jarful (about 2 cups), and can be used wherever you need a splash of WS including in my favorite of favorites El Bloody Mary.
What You Need:
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 3 tablespoons tamarind concentrate
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons unbleached granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quarter sized slice of ginger, 1/4" thick
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 2 shakes of hot sauce
What You Do:
- Combine everything in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain, pour into a clean dry glass jar and store in the fridge tightly covered.