Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Life Changing Crackers

Life Changing Crackers from My New Roots.
Hey! Have you tried the Life Changing Crackers from My New Roots yet? The bread these crackers started from is really good, but these crackers are amazing. At first I was stubborn to agree that they're "life changing," but now that I've made them about four times on repeat, I'm starting to think that maybe they are.

They are so freakin' adaptable and delicious. And the recipe is really pure genius, I wish I'd thought of it. It's pretty much just seeds and grain held together by plant fiber (psyllium husks).

I've been making the same two flavors over and over again, 'cuz I like them so much. But sometimes I mix things up depending on what I have on hand, adding buckwheat groats and subtracting something I'm short on.

I usually just stuff these in my mouth plain, but they'd be awesome with cheese, hummus, and apples, or whatever you want.

The top crackers are seasoned with curry powder, nutritional yeast, onion granules, and raisins 
(In the past, I've added cilantro and jalapeno before, and those were great too).

The bottom are seasoned with cinnamon, chipotle chile powder, dried blueberries, and onion granules.
A few tips, if you try these:
★ Don't wait too long to roll the crackers out (i.e. decide on your flavor profiles before you start). The "dough" begins drying out fairly quickly, and can get a little tricky to roll the longer you wait.

★ Use a drinking glass or mason jar and parchment to roll them out on your baking sheet.

★ No need to wait as long as indicated in the recipe to bake them. I usually get mine in as soon as the oven is preheated.

★ If you add dried fruit, you might want to reduce the baking temperature a little unless you like burnt raisins. If your crackers don't seem crisp enough, just leave them in the oven with the heat turned off and they will crisp up without burning.



  1. These look awesome, especially as you can play around with so many flavour combinations. I'd better put psyllium husks on my shopping list!

  2. They are indeed life changing! I cannot stop making them. My favorite right now is adding liquid smoke, nutritional yeast and fresh rosemary.


I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.