Saturday, August 16, 2014

Sushi Love: Vegan Sushi Cart


Truer name I never did see.
I've been wanting to check out the new Sushi Love cart for a few weeks now--the entire menu is vegan and gluten-free.


I heard the wait time was long, so I thought it might be a good idea to give them some breathing room and hold back for awhile. We hit it today and had to wait about 20 minutes for three rolls, since they only have one person working.

Top Left and Right are the Full Kitchen Alchemest (front and back view to show the soyrizo)
Bottom L-R: Mother of Dragons and Fresher than Fresh.
I will never, ever complain about vegan sushi. Period. I liked the creativity of this cart, and surprisingly to me, my favorite was the Full Kitchen Alchemist roll with soyrizo, corn chips, avocado, and sin queso. Not sure if I need to mention this, but I held off on the wasabi and ginger on this one.

I also really liked the Fresher than Fresh roll because I NEVER get the opportunity to eat sushi filled with cream cheese, and YUM.

The Mother of Dragons roll was good, but I didn't notice any sauce on it, and it seemed pretty standard.

I've never developed a taste for seafood, but on my next visit I'm thinking I'll be brave and try the rolls that are meant to taste fishier like the Avalon, Don't be Shellfish, and Bok Bok.

L-R: Full Kitchen Alchemist, Fresher than Fresh, and Mother of Dragons.
Sushi Love--Vegan Sushi
2623 SE Belmont Street
Portland, OR 97214

xo
kittee

7 comments:

  1. Oooh pretty! I like their presentation and the Full Kitchen Alchemist sounds super good. I definitely would have gone for some of the faux fishy one's too, the Bok Bok sounds especially good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tasted too much jackfruit in my life, so I'm gonna try that one ASAP.

      Delete
  2. That's so cool! And I love the dragon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it was sad to mess up, but happy to be eating.

      Delete
  3. Love their mother of dragons presentation, so cute! Looks like it's worth the wait. Can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh pretty! I like their presentation and the Full Kitchen Alchemist sounds super good. I definitely would have gone for some of the faux fishy one's too, the Bok Bok sounds especially good.read more

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.