Monday, April 1, 2013

Knitting & Sewing Madness.



Sweet rewards.
I realize I've posted nada on my crafting activities since January when I upchucked all over this blog with the Levenwick and Stripes! sweaters I knat. In case you can't recall, I became quite needle and yarn manic at the beginning of the year and managed to complete four sweaters in the span of the first two months of this year.  Yes, four!

As quickly as the frenzy began, it poofed away, and now you couldn't pay me in floral scented cinnamon bons-bons to take up the needles.  Don't fret, as I'm sure I'll be back to more yarn making craziness in the fall.  In the meantime, I'm seriously enjoying my new sweater bounty.  I haven't had this many sweaters lounging in my wardrobe in decades, and I'm completely enjoying the luxury of so many choices.

This Clashy Lassy Lefty User's my favorite out of the four.  I love the fit and the long wide sleeves.  
The last two sweaters I finished were patterns I improvised, and if you knit, you can see their details over on my Ravelry projects page.  They're similar in that they're both raglan cardigans made with vintage acrylic yarn from my stash and have slanted button bands.

If the weather cools down, as it's bound to do, I'll try to catch some shots modeling these so you can see what these look like in action.

Presenting the Project Warmth / Clusterfuck Revival.  You can't see them, but the sleeves have THUMB-HOLES!
This brown sweater was languishing on needles for a couple of years, since a good chunk of it needed to be ripped back to fix up some botched waist shaping I'd done.  I'm glad I finally found the strength to frog it and bring it back to life, because I love it bunches.  Too bad the bright sun blew out the color in these pictures, because the brown is much richer and deeper in real life.

My knitting energies transitioned into a sewing thing, although not with anywhere near the same frenzy or intensity.  Lately, Kim and I have been working on finding the perfect late 60's shift, so there have been quite a few trials making appearances.

The printed fabric is thrifted curtains!
Here's a snap of my first finished dress of '13, which Kim and I tag teamed to complete.  I sewed most of it, and she did the sleeves, because WHOA SET IN SLEEVES.  She did a great job (she has a little perfectionist who lives inside of her heart).  I'm more of a slug with the details, but am hard at work trying to perfect this whole sleeve business.

In case you want to know, the bumped toes are made by Demonia.  My shoe wardrobe is and probably will always be alt 80's.
You can see a few of the patterns we've acquired, along with this insanely adorable cotton print my friend Hannah recently sent me.  It's seriously the best fabric of all time.  I squealed when I opened the package, and then I ran to the bathroom to pee.  So happy.

Oh!  I also gave this blog a little makeover!  If you're viewing this from a reader, click on over some time to check it out.  I added some fun page links on the sides and tried to make it a little less busy and a whole lot more reader friendly.  I also post a bit more regularly over on the FB page, so if you want to keep in touch with me more, that's a fine place to do it.

xo
kittee

18 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, I love these sweaters and this dress! Cardigans and dresses are my favorites...and I have a new-found love affair with thumb holes. I wish this were a giveaway post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwwwwww! you are so sweet. cardigans and dresses are my jam too!!!
      xo
      kittee

      Delete
  2. I love Kittee Krafts! The new dress is super cute, my friend! also, i love the way your little toes are peeping into the pictures. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look, Kittee! And those sweaters! I would pay good money for the brown one in a store. It's totally my style (and thumbholes are my favorite). :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy. I am having a love affair with thumbholes. Even now in April.

      xo
      kittee

      Delete
  4. i have pretty much lost interest in my needles and hooks as well, with a brown and pink striped baby blanket less than 1/4 of the way done and the baby due in a few weeks. oops. oh well, six-month-olds get cold, too ;) love your sweaters. xoxo erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want some of that madness girl! I usually at least crochet a hat or something during the winter. This year, nada. I love the shift and the patterns and the sweaters! Super talented Kittee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those first two sweaters, Kittee! Also, I'm totally drooling over your vintage pyrex collection in the last post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have had those pryex dishes for a long time now, but I love them! So bright and cheerful.

      xo
      kittee

      Delete
  7. I just love your page! And I really mean it! So many great ideas, good artisles and beautiful, colorful photographs! You're really talented but most of all you really can show in a original way your art. Congratulation for a really godd blog. I'm definitely going to visit it more often:) You're also welcome to visit mine (www.secondlifeofthings.blogspot.com) It's maybe not the same topic but I will be really glad to could link to your page sometimes. I might find something connected with upcycling here anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun anf fashionable awesomeness. I never tire of seeing your kool kittee kreations. Inspiring! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.