Monday, March 4, 2013

POTM: The Breakfast of Lazy Ladies


Pudla = Perfectly Un-complicated, Delicious, Lazy and Addictive.
(That's all I've got-help me!!!)
Pudla for breakfast really does me right.  Especially since it's too cold for a smoothie this AM, I hate oatmeal,  and I am sick of chia and overnight oats.

Today's specimen (a loose recipe can be found here):

  • chickpea flour (besan/gram)
  • pinch of turmeric
  • pinch of garlic granules
  • salt
  • lemon juice
  • wee pinch baking soda
  • chopped tomato
  • minced onion
  • fresh dill
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • water
Do not-not-not taste raw pudla batter.  
Since chickpea flour is horrid raw, these can be a little difficult to season, and they NEED salt to taste good. I recommend under-salting the batter and then just sprinkling with salt to taste when you eat them.  I like mine with salty Indian lemon pickle, which solves the problem tastily.

xo
kittee

18 comments:

  1. I've never thought of this as a lazy person's breakfast unless it was being made by someone else FOR the lazy person. Am I too lazy? I have to rethink this because I'm getting tired of my creamy buckwheat cereal. BTW, if you add cocoa powder to the smoothie, it seems "warmer." At least, it worked this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here here. If this is the bar we're setting for lazy, there must be a stronger word for what I am. I had packaged peanut butter-filled mochi for breakfast one day last week. Now THAT'S lazy. What Kittee has here looks like a masterpiece.

      Delete
    2. Take it back. I made this today and was too full to eat lunch.

      Delete
    3. Go you! OK, you're officially not as lazy as Abby Bean.

      Delete
  2. A lovely & tasty recipe! I agree here! Yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lazy my a**! Seriously whipping this up right now. I don't think I can do a green smoothie this morning either! xx I'll report back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the look of this! It's just the sort of thing that I bet would make a top-notch way to use all the veggies in the back of my fridge that have seen better days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These do wonders for leftovers, yep! Somer from vedgedout.com just made a gorgeous one today and put nooch in hers!

      Delete
  5. I hate oatmeal too, this is a much better way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote an interesting and thoughtful compli-mment and the interwebs ate it. Suffice it to say that I am also way too lazy to rewrite it all. And to make this for breakfast. But you can certainly make them for me any ol' time of day.
    Y'all -- if you can't get Kittee to make these for you personally, do yourself a favor and whip 'em up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these looks AMAZING! I make besan pancakes all the time, but these take it to the next level and add some healthy yummy fibre. Will be trying very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. God. Kittee, I just made one of these for dinner, and I'm totally addicted!!! I LOVE THEM! and, perhaps more than anything, I love that eating these delicious guys reminds me of being fed by you in your kitchen in NOLA. Mucho love, Kittee-Joon!
    XOXO, Jennie

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.