Friday, October 5, 2012

Synchronicity? Coincidence? Delicious!


Fanciful shoes and fancy pants platter.
My mom had antipasto up her sleeve tonight.  Synchronicity or coincidence?  Sorta eerie since she hasn't made this while I've been home for years 'n' years, I actually can't even remember the last time she put this together.

Marinated artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, roasted and marinated eggplant + zucchini with olives, all atop a bright green bed of rocket and lettuce.  
Since she was feeding a big crowd, she used lots of bottled and jarred stuff to save time, but everything was super delicious nonetheless.

I feel so lucky my mom always makes such awesome things I want to eat.  She's the best, and not because I've been vegan for 22 years and she's "used to" accommodating me.  No way.  She's been awesome like this since forever.  I wish you could see what she does for Thanksgiving.  When I went xgfx, she embraced it with a wink.

My favorite dress and my favorite eggplant.
She even made caponata, the exact same caponata, naturally.  Sorta cree-eee-py if ya ask me and yet very delicious as usual.

xo
kittee

This blog, has joined with over 600 others, to celebrate Vegan MoFo - The Vegan Month of Food. Learn more about MoFo by visiting Vegan Mofo Headquarters.

25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You can borrow my theme for a week, which is NO THEME and I shall borrow yours. Seriously, it will all be turqouise. So not kidding.

      xo
      kittee

      Delete
  2. Your mum sounds awesome, Kittee! I love that she isn't fazed by the way you eat and makes you delicious food with no complaints :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of folks in our family with a lot of different fashions of eating, so she just usually goies with the greatest common denominator.

      xo
      kittee

      Delete
  3. Hooray for moms, especially awesome ones like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty platter! I can't wait to see what she does for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! But it won't be this year. We're all going North instead.

      xo
      kittee

      Delete
  5. Your mom makes pretty food! That platter is giving me Thanksgiving ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful antipasto. Please wish the parental unit Happy Anniversary from me and remember to tell them that I am up for adoption.

    Super groovy shoes. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful plate of food and your mum sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe she reads your blog. Lovely tribute to your mom, Kittee. She sounds kind and generous and loving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, this antipasto looks AMAZING! I want some. Maybe we can all have a potluck when we get together soon, and you can bring this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for moms! That antipasto platter looks amazing! I wouldn't have thought to layer it over lettuce and arugula, but what a great idea.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for moms who make awesomeness like anitpasto and caponata! I need to send my mom this post as a hint ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. What a lovely idea for aparty or to impress your non vegan friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. But can we talk about your shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim and I spray painted our shoes for derby, but mine's wearing off since I didn't prime them first...

      xo
      kittee

      Delete
  14. That is a gorgeous platter of antipasto goodness, your mom sounds super awesome! My mom is the same way, she always goes out of her way to make me vegan meals and treats when I'm around! Hooray for awesome mothers. :) Also, that dress is ridiculously adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope my kids write a nice blog post about me when they grow up! :) Very cool mom and such an inspiring platter. I never know what to bring to potlucks; this would be insane.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.