|Anson says, "Groats??!"|
Pumpkin Pie Granola
Makes a whole lot.
What You Need:
● 3 cups raw buckwheat groats
● ¼ cup flax meal
● ½ cup dried figs
● 1 cup water
● pinch salt
● ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
● ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
● 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
● 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon or a mix of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
● 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
● 1/3 cup agave nectar
● ¾ cup finely chopped candied ginger
What You Do:
- In a giant bowl, add the buckwheat grouts and plenty of water to cover by several inches and soak for a couple of hours. Drain well and rinse several times, then drain once more and return the groats to the big bowl. Allow to sit overnight, rinsing and draining a few times (this will sprout the grain). Rinse and drain one more time, then proceed with the recipe.
- Combine the ground flax with the wet buckwheat and stir to mix well.
- In a blender, whiz up the figs and water to create a thick slurry. Add to the groat mixture along with the salt, pumpkin puree, pumpkin seeds, coconut, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well to combine.
- Drizzle in the agave and candied ginger and combine. Dehydrate or bake until crunchy and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- To dehydrate: Spread onto Teflex or parchment covered sheets about 1/2” thick and dehydrate until the top is dry. Place an extra tray on top of each sheet and flip. Peel away the Teflex or parchment and and
continue to dehydrate until dry. Break into chunks and eat eat eat.
This blog, has joined with over 600 others, to celebrate Vegan MoFo - The Vegan Month of Food. Learn more about MoFo by visiting Vegan Mofo Headquarters.