Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Smoothie of the Moment

Smarty-pants Amy turned me onto this smoothie combo, which might be my favorite yet. If you can get local cherries, buy lots, pit 'em and throw 'em in the freezer.  As many as possible, thousands if you can!  I'm gonna be one cranky jerk when I finish this stash. 


Into the ol' blender goes:
  • 1 frozen banana
  • about a cup of frozen pitted cherries
  • a big handful of clean beet greens
  • a scoop of vanilla Vega Performance Protein
  • a tablespoon or so of raw cacao powder
  • about a cup of unsweetened almond/coconut milk


I'm insanely lucky because Dazee doesn't like smoothies or cherries.  Don't judge him.
xo
kittee

9 comments:

  1. oh my gosh i totally need to start freezing cherries! they;re so good right now! i'll definitely want some come winter time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend just got me 20 pounds of bing for $5!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. 20 pounds for $5?? That's amazing! That's how much I pay for one pound!

      Delete
    3. That's insane! I worked out that cherries are $7 a pound here.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure the beet greens add flavor and nutrition, though I'll take my frozen cherry and chocolate smoothies straight up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even notice the greens at all! I love the Vega, it has a bit of stevia in it so you don't even need to sweeten at all. This thing was heaven.

      xo
      kittee

      Delete
  3. This sounds so delicious! Aren't you happy sometimes when you can keep the yumminess all to yourself? My husband isn't into olives, sauerkraut, or gravy. More for me! Dazee's loss is your gain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favourite way to temper greens in a smoothie is with bananas + cherries or pomegranate. this looks heaven. wish I had a blender so bad, but I'll live vicariously through your lavender coloured pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how do you temper your greens into a smoothie with no blender? that is sheer pixiedust! thanks for commenting, because i have now discovered your blog. yay!

      xo
      kittee

      Delete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.