Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hating Like Gating, or I Ate a Greasy Lunch.

Howdy!
I made myself an easy greasy lunch today.  It was boring and cheesy, but tasted pretty good-- just like this blog!

After reading through my creaky vintage LiveJournal yesterday, and cackling like a madwoman at the hilarity that can be my life, I'm giving myself permission to post things here that are not just food related.  I used to do that, but for some reason I've killed the crafts and fun and turned this place into something kinda uptight.  I wanna be free like Marlo Thomas said I could be!  I wanna write with weird made up contractions and share craft projects, garden stuff or whatever I want--like sewing my own cheap duvet cover from thrifted sheets.  Cheap homemade duvet covers are not greasy or boring!

So just to let you know.  I'll probably be posting around here more often.  But it'll be less stuff like this:

I almost never eat like this, but dang it nailed the spot.

Stats:
English Muffin c/o Food for Life
Pink Lady Apple c/o Washington State
Cheddar c/o Follow Your Heart (I am no Daiya-Liking-Lady)
Star Plate from Pier 1 from long ago

And more like:  check out this crazy bag I made for my best buddy's birthday!  Just a few months late, but she can't complain since I stitched it from her own hopes and dreams. It was a fun one, but the piping on those scallops almost took my life.  I had to hide at least one "bo-bo" behind those cute red buttons.

Kim's 2012 Dutch Wonder Bag
New cotton duck
Vintage trim scouted from an estate sale
Vintage piping and up-cycled/vintage fabric pieces
Vintage buttons giant zipper purchased from SCRAP

There you have it.  Maybe next time we can talk about "like gating" because I freakin' hate gate it.
xo
kittee

23 comments:

  1. i thought i was the only vegan that hated daiya. thank god, i'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katrina, you are far from alone child.

      Delete
    2. I love Daiya & I have my non-vegan family members hooked too. I can't stand Teese or FYH, but aren't we lucky to have all of these options? When I became vegan there were only those sandwich slices...

      Delete
  2. Yay for finding other vegans who do not worship at the Daiya altar! And Double Yay for crafty and gardeny posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kittie, you crack me up - I love any posts you write, whether or not they are about food. PS: I, too, am a daiya hater (or disliker, at least) - glad to know there are others out there like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely eat Daiya, but not because I don't like it, I DO like it, it's just so EXPENSIVE! That "crazy bag" you made for your friend is just awesome! Glad you took the time for the yellow piping, it looks like it was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eek! the slices! gross. I'm not a huge fan of any vegan cheeses, except for like homemade cashew cheese or what havesya. but i do like that they are out there. follow your heart is my fav. but a couple places i know stopped making their own tofu nut chz and started using daiya, and i'm like nooooooooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, love that greasy lunch! And that bag is way too cute. Hooray for having fun with the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your crafts and your food! So I can't wait to see more of both on here! That lunch looks delicious to me. I'm a lover of all things vegan cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to your food and non-food posts. Yay for thrifted sheets and other up-cycled treasures. I'd be living in an empty house without craigslist and goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. i don't hate daiya, but i like fyh so much more.

      Delete
  10. I had the same realization with my blog. It wasn't fun anymore and while searching for an old post, I realized that I was so much more, um, encompassing before. :) So much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been in a crafty dry spell, so I'm thrilled to see some cute inspiration from you. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't seem to find any cheese besides Daiya or nut cheeses (with casein, which I'm allergic to) at my local store. I'll have to be on the lookout for Follow Your Heart. Glad to know there is something else out there for me, even if I can't get it just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Kittee and CMttS is back in action! You can post any crazy garbage you want, and I"ll be here to read it. That bag is so epic. Soon it will be time for me to commission a new one. My bag is becoming tattered with love. ALSO - "Link Gating" - I'm so glad there is a word for this scourge that is infecting our beloved blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. if you are an organization or business and you conduct all of your online marketing on facebook, you're doing it wrong. but there is good news. the new fb timeline for pages eliminates like gates.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a lovely bag. Have you ever come across the NL shop, Flobberdewotsky? http://www.flobberdewotsky.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks simple and tasty. And here here, I am not a fan of Daiya either.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been gone for a long time, but I am so glad to see you're still here, Kittee! I don't eat much vegan cheese, but I, too, am a lover of Follow Your Heart cheddar and am always surprised at how most people I talk to about vegan cheeses are not. More for us, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bag. Love the food. Sometimes, the stuff that you just throw together that is not Food Network perfect tastes the absolute, most comforting best. xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmm that looks scrumptious...HAve to try that

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.