A-K's little book of Swell. is a looker an' all, what with its hand printed covers and dainty size, but don't get so charmed with its sweet looks that you glaze over the good stuff and miss the booty resting inside.
Swell. offers plenty of xgfx recipes to choose from, but the Mole-Roasted Cauliflower is what grabbed my cooking interest by the britches today. I'm always looking for recipes to expand my cauliflower repertoire beyond aloo gobi and olive oil roasts, so when I read that the cauliflower nuggets in this recipe were coated in a cocoa based spice mixture, I knew I'd have to hit it. Especially since my pantry was cocked and ready for this, and the concoction fit into my MoFo-Time-Schedule perfectly.
|Ladies, that's not burnt, that's CCC.|
Basically, you coat your perfect farmers' market cauliflower with a paste made from: chile powder (I used ancho), smoked paprika, cayenne, fresh oregano, sesame seeeds, cloves, coriander, cumin, cocoa, fresh garlic, oil, salt and lime juice. Then you roast it, and if you follow directions well, you top it with freshly chopped cilantro.
I pretty much ate an entire head of cauliflower this afternoon. No farting either, I am a seasoned vegan.
- Title: Swell.
- Author: A-K
- Availability: According to A-K, she has plenty,
so email her!
- Size: 4.25″ x 5.5″ (quarter sized) / Stapled with hand printed covers. It's pocket-sized and cute.
- Length: 24 pages
- Collection: 14 recipes plus info on preparing tofu and tempeh.
- 5 Recipes to Intrigue: Mole-Roasted Cauliflower* Chipotle Black Bean Tahini Dip* Coconut Red Bean quinoa* Maple-Mustard-Chili Tofu* Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers with Millet and Leeks (Pictures can be seen here).
- XGFXness: Everything but the three baked good recipes are xgfx.
- Zine Wiki: Not listed