Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hope's Superfine Tomato Galette

This heirloom tomato tart made me happy.


Our friend Hope made it for a dinner get-together a few weeks past. Hope's not vegan, but she is gluten-free, and this tart was amazing--she nailed it. She xgfxercised a fancy creme fraiche tomato galette recipe, and hit it out of the ballpark with some sort of tofu creme.

I need to find out exactly how she did this, because it was really delicious, and her pastry was mad-flaky.   I was impressed--attacking dairy and gluten all at once like that takes skill.

I am taking a short zine break for Halloween/All Souls Day preparation.  Tomorrow, I am pulling out the ol' sugar skull mold!

xo
kittee

12 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks gorgeous and so delicious! Yes, find out how it's made, so we can all make super-amazing xgfx galettes, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome friend, she made a beautiful galette, I'd love a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be stalking your blog until you extract directions from her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fantastic, I have a gluten free friend I'd love to make this for so don't forget to let us know how it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely find out her secrets and share with all blogland, it looks freaking AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome! Please find out and post the recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks and sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't wait to see the halloween stuff. Btw, I nominated you for a liebster award!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my GOSH. You MUST report back! I would love to make something like this for my xgfx friends and loved ones. I can't believe beautiful and perfect it is with the different colors and sizes of tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.