Monday, November 1, 2010

Cook Date Love Date Wedding

The Vegan MoFo Roundup has already been posted, and here I'm sitting down to write my first entry of the day. But dang-tootin', postin' this late makes sense when you've experienced an action packed kitchen frolic of a day like I have. Honestly, today I partook in one of the best cook dates of my long 42 years. There was a lot of hot kitchen chemistry between us, too, if you know what I mean. She stirred when I wanted to pour, I whisked when she wanted to sift, we made sweet culinary synchronicity. It felt great. She's even coming back on Wednesday to help me make xgfx soft yeasty pretzels. I wonder how we'll pass the time while the bread is risin'?

So? What kind of magic did we do today? On the short list: cheezie kale chips made from roasted hazelnuts and love. White chocolate chocolate fudgie xgfx brownies. Fig preserves--not just any boring fig jam mind you, but let's climb-a-ladder on a crazy, windy, rainy day with a bad shoulder and pick nine pounds of figs awesome. And what? Should we add some ginger and cinnamon and vanilla to that pot? Yes yes yes.

These awesome photos all courtesy of Amy.

And in-between these adventures, we had a snack of mac 'n' cheeze (pictured and described here) from the fridge (the recipe for which you can find in Melisser's brand new Vegan Girls Guide to Life), with half dehydrated cheezie noochy kale pieces slathered all over the top. And of course, we started the day right with some almond milk/banana/strawberry smoothies decked out with omega goodness in the form of Udos oil. I'm feelin' pretty content right now.
So I offer lots of love to all my fellow MoFie Bubs, all 650 of you so far. A temporary 2010 blog roll up has been posted on the MoFo Blog, and come Wednesday, after everyone has signed up, there will be a complete list along with an .opml file, which can be downloaded into any RSS Reader. We'll also be offering a Google Bundle, which can be subscribed to--so folks with Google Reader will be able to read all of these amazing blogs a little more easily. And because we like to be as awesome as possible, we'll also have a page setup where you can find International blogs and a little who's who of cookbook author MoFo participants.

If you're like me and inject nutritional yeast into your veins, relish tofu balls and rejoice in soy yogurt, please head over to Louise Hagler's blog and give her a little bit of love. I'm so freakin' happy she's joining us this month, I can't stop pinching.

Until then, blog on my lovies, blog on.
xo
kittee

This post is part of VeganMoFo 2010 - the Vegan Month of Food. Get more MoFo info by checking out VeganMoFo Headquarters Itn'l, where you can subscribe to a bunch of vegan blogs and ohh and ahh to your heart's content.

13 comments:

  1. Kittee, this sounds like a truly fun day! I am mega jealous of your fig preserves!

    Also, 650?! I can't believe it! Totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey, when did you sign up to be a volunteer cook for me?

    <3

    I'm also impressed by 650 blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kale chips are gone. We need to make more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could bust in on your date. Sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like my kind of date, Ms. K.

    I'm also all kinds of excited for Ms. Hagler MoFoing...muy cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a day of awesomeness! That fig jam has me drooling.
    Happy MoFo'ing.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun cooking date! Woot for Mofo awesomenss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm totally jealous of your cooking date with Amy! :) cheezy kale chips, smoky mac 'n cheeze, smooooothies, fig preserves. ooooooooh, yay! sounds like you had one glorious day filled with lots of fun, good company, and many deliciousnesses! rock on, kittee. rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kale Chips are the best! I can't wait to see how your xGFx pretzels turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! You had me at white chocolate chocolate GF brownies....

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had to rub it in! White chocolate chocolate brownies? OK, what kind of white chocolate did you use? Did you make it yourself with cocoa butter? Did you buy it? I want!

    So many MoFos! We're going to use up all the interwebs this month!

    PS: My word-verification for this comment is "catest." I am indeed, the catest. Meow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh. my. gawd. FIG TREE? NINE pounds?!!!!!!!!! I am trembling with greed and envy. Trembling!

    Plus you get to hang out with tahinitoo????? tears!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.