Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Third Date, Lots of Action, No Gluten.

Amy and I did an awesome job in the gluten-free-vegan department today. Gluten-free-vegan...doesn't that just suck to read and type out all the time? So boring and long--that's why I usually just go xgfx. It means the same thing, but makes me feel much-much better inside.

First we perfected the pumpkin bagels (not too shabby considering this was only our third date--seriously click on the link to see how neat they are). Today's were topped off with sunflower seeds and onion. I'm feeling stoked about em, 'cuz I think the recipe's ready to get handed off to someone else to try.

Then we experimented with cinnamon buns! We got to use a brand new bag of Vietnamese Cinnamon from Penzey's. Whoa Nelly, such good cinnamon.

Can you believe it? No gluten! After they came out of the oven (the pics show 'em pre-baked), they got iced and we sampled them to make sure they were really good. They are!

Somewhere in the middle, we pigged out on uppuma! Oh man, I finally bought some of Bob's Red Mill brown rice "farina," because I miss uppuma so much (it's usually made with real farina aka Cream o' Wheat). No pictures, because uppuma is sorta frumpy to photograph, but ours had onion, urad dal, curry leaves, cashews, green peas, spinach and lemon juice. Pretty good! I topped mine with Tabasco and cilantro, and Amy had hers without. We were happy!

Here we are admiring the magic!

xo kittee

This post is part of VeganMoFo 2010 - the Vegan Month of Food. Get more MoFo info by checking out VeganMoFo Headquarters Itn'l, where you can subscribe to a bunch of vegan blogs and ohh and ahh to your heart's content.

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow, they look awesome! I wants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kittee's & Amy's feet! I too, would oogle in admiration of the xgfx goodness you both created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics! Mmmm pumpkin bagels, thats something I gotta try. Bagel making is so addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could anybody think it sucks? You had bagels, pretzels and now this. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. double awesome! They look so fluffy and yummm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. mr. j has a chronic pain condition and i've told him that i'd go GF if he would try it for 30 days--no dice yet. ((tenting fingers)) i could start making things gf and have him try them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE cinnamon rolls!! These look FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very excited about your new zine - I must get my mitts on that pumpkin bagel recipe.

    Also, those green sneakers you're wearing in the last photo - so cute! What kind are they. I needs 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very excited about your new zine - I must get my mitts on that pumpkin bagel recipe.

    Also, those green sneakers you're wearing in the last photo - so cute! What kind are they. I needs 'em.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.