Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Study in Stuffed Stuff.

veganmofoflower
I just spent the better part of two hours reading and commenting my way through all the "A" blogs of folks who are regularly posting for MoFo this month. Heavens! One idea I never was able to organize before all the writing began, was getting together teams of "comment bombers." I love the idea of a group of 50 readers or more, commenting together on specific blogs everday. Someone remind me next year!

Blogging daily is such a delightful time suck, but how it distresses me I can't keep up with the throng of '09 MoFoers--so for me, picking a letter and working my way down the list, works the best. Tomorrow, I shall start in with The Bees. My boon has been discovering a bunch of previously unknown, yet stellar blogs. My current new favorite: Claryn's Hell Yea! It's Vegan.
ccccfour
Peanut butter stuffed chocolate-chocolate chip cookies and birthday suit clad orange cupcakes.

In other busy news of the past week, I have been baking and cooking, cooking and baking for a couple o' different benefits. First, I was so delighted to help the Apron Activists last Thursday and Friday. We cooked for a full house, and nothing gave me more motivation than that sweet hero of a chimp, Burrito. Thanks to Jess and Tahinitoo, who captured the event in photos--the menu was insane with goodness.

In between the monkey business, I also promised to help out with a garage/bake sale to benefit another favorite charity. Time was tight, but I managed to churn out a large batch of yumsky double chocolate peanut butter stuffed cookies (a classic Martha Stewart recipe gone veganized) and a dozen orange pudding cupcakes (sorta half VCToTW half Papa Tofu). I swear on my honor, next time I make these cookies, they're going through The Deglutenizer (c). I don't mind baking with wheat flour, it doesn't hold any sort of gross factor like eggs would, but I do mind passing up on the good stuff. Especially, because I'm too lazy and inexperienced to try baking XgfX. Poo poo, kittee. Poo poo.

[Insert new and refreshing attitude here].

I leave you with A Study in Stuffed Cookies.
ccctwo

cccc

ccccthree
xo
kittee

P.S. I only have one XgfX Primal Strip left. Comment on this post, if you're interested in one (although I still have about six gluten-y varieties left). Also, Veg is Sexy wins the latest chewy.

16 comments:

  1. Good for you for doing so much charity work. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh kittee, I don't blame you for getting cranky about baking so many cookies you can't even sample. so far I"ve had really good luck with GF cookies.

    also, I totally agree about Hell Yeah It's Vegan - what a wonderful blog!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies have me speechless! SO DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think that's one of my top reasons for loving veganmofo - discovering so many fantastical vegan blogs i never knew about. w00t!

    huzzah for making such awesomeness for Apron Activists & amma! cuppies & cookies - yum! i've never heard of amma, and i'm gonna have to check them out.

    your double chocolate peanut butter stuffed cookies look heavenly, kittee - and i hope you run them through your Deglutenizer, too. i'm fairly new to gluten-free baked goodz and they still intimidate the hell outta me. i don't mind experimenting a wee bit with the gluten-free baked yummimes, but i fub up so darn often that my mistakes are getting expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies look amazing - I have sort of given up on gluten free baking, but my recent foray back into gluten-y baking left me with a headache for a couple of days, so I guess I need to battle with xanthan gum and all that good stuff a bit more! :(

    On that note, I would lurve to try a GF primal strip, if noone has beaten me to it! :)
    -Eve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hail to The Deglutenizer (c)! Is that enough to bag me a gf Primal Strip?! I would most definitely love to snag one!!! Thanks mucho much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, thanks Kittee! That totally makes my week. And I love all these fun vegan fundraisers that've been going on lately... I need to get in on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's funny, i've been doing my own version of comment bombing when i have the time. i go to the list of veganmofoers, look away, scroll and click. a fun way to browse the participants when you don't have time to read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm. Cookies! I started commenting in the As the first week. I'll have to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the same way about gluten-free baking. I have a very poor attitude about it. I hate wasting food, so if something doesn't turn out well it ruins my whole week. Why is gluten so evil and yet so delicious?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Kittee! I would love one of the gluten-y primal strips you have, if you're offering :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just watched a video on the chimp link and laughed so much seeing them playing! what an awesome organisation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum - I would really like some warm chocolate cookies about now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you find the secret to having a new and refreshing attitude to xgfx baking-I am in the same boat, after 25 years of taking on all kinds of wheaty baking challenges I can't overcome some sort of subconscious obstinance about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great idea. I wish I had more vegan friends to help me "bomb" blogs with comments.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was the best Apron Activists dinner so far, and I think I saw you behind the scenes prepping all the good food that kept me happy and full. Burrito is the best chimp, isn't he?!! Did you see the footage of him eating snow? I think it was Burrito. One of them saw snow for the first time and would sneak big handfuls of snow into their mouth - best capture of animal happiness ever.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.