Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Face it Pretty Girl, You're Crafttastic!

In honor of W.I.P. Wednesday, I bring you Leslie Hall a.k.a. Mother Gem's new video Craft Talk. Have you ever heard a song that rivets your inner core? I've been playing the shit out of this song, ever since I found the video online a few days ago. Personally, I would very much like to climb on top of my house, a tall cell tower or nuclear plant, or something equally fitting and sing it at the top of my lungs to any sucka' within earshot (or something like that). If you too like this song, you should know Mother Gem is currently on tour. We saw her in New Orleans on Easter Sunday, and it was rejuvenating (she nearly broke me in half actually). I highly recommend you go. Also, if you need more prodding, she's vegetarian and vegan-leaning, just another reason to love her up and kiss her coattails.

Besides being a fabulous artist (she's actually an art school grad), she's also a big internet cWEBrity (I know!!). She has a zillion other videos and a million-billion different corners of the WWW where you can enjoy her. You can find her online here, and here and here to start (there's plenty more). You're welcome, now go out and spread the love.


Craft Talk
Please send a representative, I have just made the world's largest gem sweater, in the world.
You're sure looking crafty (crafty crafty)
You can make a raft out of pencils and foam
You're sure looking happy (happy happy)
'Cuz you make it snappy and not very crappy
Do you want to paste together
Something we can use forever
I'm thinking key chain (chain chain)
Scratch me with your hot designs
Dribble me in neon lines
Use that walkie-talkie and talk to me some crafts
Let's go walking (walk walk)
Let's get talking (talk talk)
Let's craft talk (craft talk), craft talk (craft talk)
You can build me whatever you want
Now make it make it make it make it
Faster faster faster faster
Work through the pain, work it through the pain
Now make it make it make it make it
Faster faster faster faster
I cherish these moments, I can't wait to see it
When you're makin' crafts your spicin' up the world
Face it pretty girl, you're craft-tastic!
You're following no plans, you're building it with hands
Let's do a dance 'cuz you're craft-tastic!
Let's get together and share supplies
Your craftsmanship deserves top prize
Glue it, cut it, stitch it, felt it,
Paint it, bead it, dough it, dye it,
Embroider it, solder it, hotter it
Let's go walking (walk walk)
Let's get talking (talk talk)
Let's craft talk (craft talk), craft talk (craft talk)
You can build me whatever you want
Now make it make it make it make it
Faster faster faster faster
Work through the pain, work it through the pain
Now make it make it make it make it
Faster faster faster faster
I cherish these moments I cant wait to see it
Build it fast, built to last,
When in need place a bead
Rubber stamp my number, 'cuz I want to get you tips
Look for sales in town
Take them home, move them around
Love it when it shines, want to make it mines
You make stuff that I desire
All I want to do is acquire
(you're so crafty--craft-tastic!)
Craft talking craft talking craft talking craft talking
Craft talking craft talking craft talking craft talking
Let's go walking (walk walk)
Let's get talking (talk talk)
Let's craft talk (craft talk), craft talk (craft talk)
You can build me whatever you want
Now make it make it make it make it
Faster faster faster faster
Work through the pain, work through the pain
Now make it make it make it make it
Faster faster faster faster
I cherish these moments, I know that I'll love it

Oh, and just to stay on task--here's a little glimpse of the short row baby jacket I mentioned in my last post.
shortrowthree
The pattern is actually pretty simple, and the design is pretty ingenious. I just wish I liked the colors I chose. I have no idea what I was thinking, you can direct letters of complaint to the Main Office.

xo
kittee

9 comments:

  1. Holy criznap kittee you knit fast as hell! I am a slo mo knitter. And I think the colors are cute. I have been developing a thing for garter stitch lately with my February Lady Sweater leading the way. It's just so stretchy and yay. And my poor tired brain has needed a break from the crazy cables and crap I've been knitting lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovesit! And the baby jacket is pretty cute too - I think there's nothing cuter than a baby in a hand-stitched jacket or hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD.

    LOVE.

    AWESOMENESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! I loved how she had baby white tigers on her shoulder pads (well, at least when I saw her). Leslie is too amazing.

    Also, I love the colors of that baby sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you so much for sharing this. I'd never heard of her and I was just crying I was laughing so hard! I love drug-free drugs!

    And I'm pretty sure that my sister had that same bedspread. I need to try to confirm with my mum on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *love* your sweater and the colors.

    I've been a knitter since age 7 but have been on a hiatus for several years; don;t know why but I haven;t been in the mood. This makes me want to whip out the needles again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "wearing gold spandex pants, i made a hip hop album, and when i dance and play, all the children sing my songs"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't seen this one yet! Work through the pain...yesss....

    The sweater is looking crafttastic.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.