Tuesday, October 14, 2008

O' Vintage Cake Carrier.

Today I wanted to write about one of my all time favorite kitchen gadgets. It's not my Grandma's vintage ricer, or the handy microplane, not even the fancy plastic Benriner mandoline which shreds and juliennes in seconds right before my eyes. It's the double decker vintage cake carrier Noy gifted me a few years ago--if you bake in any capacity, you can't go wrong scoring one of these for yourself.

Here are a few examples I found on Ebay.

Here's where my love comes from:
  1. If you need to transport lushly frosted tiered cake, strawberry pie, cookies, sweets or a combination of cake and pie, or cake and cookies, or pie and cookies, nothing works better, it will ALL fit inside.
  2. The handle is spring loaded, so gravity works to hold the whole thing together. It really won't pop open or tip over in the car. The heavier the load, the stronger this thing holds together, it's like an instant Xmas miracle.
  3. So affordable!
  4. Could it be any cuter? Truly, these are darling and so fashionable. Obviously, you'll star at any social situation carrying this bad girl.
  5. If you're patient, you can often find brand new ones mint in their original box for under 20 bucks.
  6. Many of these come with three tiers, three!
  7. Millions of styles to match your mood.
  8. Let me reword this so you understand. It has compartments. For cake or pie, or sometimes both and a top shelf for muffins, cookies or truffles, or, or, or! The possibilities are endless.


  1. holy shit. i need one of those so badly.

    i'm off to ebay!

  2. Oh how pretty!! I love vintage stuff! Off to ebay to look around...

  3. I'm really sorry that you posted these. I've just bid on 2 of them on ebay and I'm hoping someone outbids me on both! I am so easy and such a whore for kitchen stuff!

  4. ok, i'm seriously a reformed ebay addict. no joke. well, not "addict" but anyway. i can't go check out how awesome it is, but i will look for them on thrift.

    i laughed straight out at your "let me rephrase this so that you will understand" -- too awesome.

    kittee, i saw vegans and we talked about you, as always.


  5. kittee you have just created a run on these on ebay!

  6. Love it!
    I'm always driving cakes and pies across town to my grandpa's house and for family parties... I'm gonna get me a little cutie!

  7. I refuse to go to ebay. can't afford it. nope. [must...resist...the urge!]

  8. I've never seen such a thing, but it looks a bit like the container my father used to take his soup to work.

  9. I haven't seen one of these in years! Now I want...

  10. That's my kind of accessorizing! I have a plasticky cupcake carrier that I love (complete with Ziggy Stardust stickers) but one of these cake carriers looks like the ultimate!!

  11. This is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Period. Ok, coolest kitchen accessory...

  12. i'll have to keep my eye open for one of those. i'm not much of a cake maker, but having one would motivate me to make more cake.

  13. I want one of those!!!! There's a local cupcake shop (not vegan) that sells vintage cake carriers that the owner finds at thrift shops...but none as cute as those.

  14. Do you read minds. I made a bet to my mother 2 days ago and whoever lost had to buy the other person a cake carrier. She lost so i've been looking on ebay for cake carriers. wowza.

  15. Wow - that is AMAZING!! Why has nobody told me about these before???

  16. kittee,email me!

  17. They are just so beautiful. My favourite is the white one in the top right.

  18. i just added it to my universal wish list on amazon! yeah, baby!

  19. Ohhh, I have been lusting after vintage cake carriers, but have NO room for them. That starburst one is the best EVER!

  20. Those look sooooo cool!
    I must get one!


I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.