Today I wanted to write about one of my all time favorite kitchen gadgets. It's not my Grandma's vintage ricer, or the handy microplane, not even the fancy plastic Benriner mandoline which shreds and juliennes in seconds right before my eyes. It's the double decker vintage cake carrier Noy gifted me a few years ago--if you bake in any capacity, you can't go wrong scoring one of these for yourself.
Here are a few examples I found on Ebay.
Here's where my love comes from:
- If you need to transport lushly frosted tiered cake, strawberry pie, cookies, sweets or a combination of cake and pie, or cake and cookies, or pie and cookies, nothing works better, it will ALL fit inside.
- The handle is spring loaded, so gravity works to hold the whole thing together. It really won't pop open or tip over in the car. The heavier the load, the stronger this thing holds together, it's like an instant Xmas miracle.
- So affordable!
- Could it be any cuter? Truly, these are darling and so fashionable. Obviously, you'll star at any social situation carrying this bad girl.
- If you're patient, you can often find brand new ones mint in their original box for under 20 bucks.
- Many of these come with three tiers, three!
- Millions of styles to match your mood.
- Let me reword this so you understand. It has compartments. For cake or pie, or sometimes both and a top shelf for muffins, cookies or truffles, or, or, or! The possibilities are endless.