I got an email today from Self.com for a blackberry peach crisp. The recipe looked pretty simple and sounded like it could be good, so I decided to veganize it, with the addition of chocolate chips, and make it with strawberries instead. It looks pretty, we'll see how it tastes after dinner!
Makes two 5" round minis
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- a handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray the mini pans.
- Combine the berries, juice and vanilla in a bowl and then distribute equally between the pans.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients, until it comes together into a moist well blended mixture.
- Divide equally between the two crisps and sprinkle evenly over the tops.
- Bake until browned and bubbly, about 30 minutes (the crumble mixture is already brown, so watch carefully to prevent burning).
|A shot from around my kitchen. Two stacking Pyrex bowls in the friendship pattern, some Pyrex refrigerator jars and a PY lemon salt shaker.|