When you make your own birthday cake, you can write things on it that other people think, but are too polite to say out loud.
|Here' s the chance you've been lookin' for, fill in the blank...|
With white chocolate mousse, rose petal jam and cream cheeze frosting.
Makes a double layer cake
What You Need:
- 1 1/8 cups Earth Balance
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vanilla soy yogurt (1 container whole soy)
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana --about four
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Ener-G--add in dry, don't add extra liquid
- 3 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup soured soymilk (with 1 teaspoon lemon juice mixed in)
- 1/3 cup seedless preserves (spread between cake layers)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour two 8" cake pans. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the Earth Balance and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the yogurt, bananas and vanilla.In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture alternating with the the soured milk. Divide into the prepared cake pans and bake for close to an hour, until the cake tests clean with a toothpick. Let cool ten minutes and flip onto cake racks to cool completely.
For the Cream Cheeze Frosting:
Blend together well: 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Earth Balance, 2 teaspoons vanilla (or in this instance banana liqueur), 1 container (8 oz.) Tofutti cream cheeze, 16 oz powdered sugar.
Garnish with hot pink popcorn balls (thanks Michelle and Mama!).
|As requested, the all important money shot.|