Wednesday, January 2, 2008

He's a muffin.

The picture below might look more like a dog than a muffin, but truly if you met the newest Berns-Kerns member, you'd know I speak the truth, part muffin-part dog. I just got off the phone with the St. Tammany Humane Society, and it's official, Vee has a new home with us. I've been getting some flack on his name, it's a tribute to V7, the name of my favorite dish from Cafe Delat. The most amazing Vietnamese restaurant, which forever closed it' s doors last year in Arlington, VA. So yea, this post is still vegan, and it's still about food, so stop fussin'.

Bobby AKA "Razor Mouth" and Vee enjoying each other.


Bobby shovels it out and Vee soaks it up.

And so I don't disappoint:

Gorgeous crispy crunchy stuffed tofu made and eaten by fellow Louisianian Jenny Wren from Rabbit Food Blog. She used a combination of puffed millet and ground Nutty Rice cereal for super crunchy results.

I have 100 copies of Papa Tofu in boxes in the house, so the new copies should be ready in the next day or so. I'll let those of you who've expressed interest in copies know as soon as they're available.

Happy New Year! Let's hope 2008 brings us joy and good things.
xo
kittee

11 comments:

  1. Vee is adorable! Congratulations on the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, Vee is awesome! I love the dog fight picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year dearest Kittee! Vee is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobby looks vicious...and Vee does not look intimidated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations, Kittee! he's a total babe. and Vee is a cool name, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vee, w x y and zee, kittee, babee!
    he looks like doggy love!! oh my my i want to hug him.
    ruby can't wait to lay on him and give him the business that is her love, teeth bared and all.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally adorable! congratulations. i'm not much of a dog person, but vee looks pretty chill. is that other dog yours too?

    xoxo
    mmm_cake

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I do want to snuggle him just like a muffin, and how exciting to see your recipe not only enjoyed by others but also beautifully photographed. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your newest addition! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! I've been pretty busy with this man for the last week. He's keeping me really busy, and I'm trying to keep him busy, 'cuz that keeps him out of trouble.

    MMmmie, the other dog is Bobbie, our friends' brute. He really is a sweet boy, the dogs were just having a blast romping around.

    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.