Saturday, November 3, 2007

VeganMoFo Catch Up.

Since I'll be cutting out of VeganMoFo early, I think I should make extra posts to compensate and make it all equal in the end. Last night while eating at our friends', my mom described me as an "orthodox" vegetarian. I don't remember my veganism ever being described in this way before, and my first thought was to strap on a vegan yarmulke, to make all right in the world. Anyway, the friends we visited like vegan food, cook vegetarian food often and enjoy my grilled chimichurri seitan--those are the important things, right? Dazee and I have a wonderful friendship with them, and even though they're omnivores, last night was the first time I've ever seen them eat meat (they made burgers and grilled onion, eggplant and zucchini). I enjoyed the fact that my friend Becky was shy and somewhat embarrassed to eat her hamburger in front of me, is that mean? My dad, on the other hand, was in his glory--he wasn't expecting to get a greasy-globby meat fix on this visit to New Orleans, and he embraced the opportunity as heartily as he held his two hamburgers in front of his face.

I finished the last Delicata stuffed tofu this morning, I gobbled it up in the garden amidst the bright yellow blooms of the Cassia (sorry my thumbnail is dirty, I was going to cover it up with a fake French manicure in Paint, but decided to own it instead). Also, some of you may know I have a love of kumquats, it's true. The kumquat bush is loaded down, and the fruit should be ripe in the next week or so. I love their sweet and sour flavor.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! KumQuats! Kittee could you be any more awesome? For serious.


    p.s. your blog is adorable


I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.