Monday, September 10, 2007

brain molds and sangria.

I know candy sushi has been blogged to death, but since I first saw the pictures on Evil Mad Scientist, I've had the bug to try my own. Often, when I'm trying to sleep at night, I lay awake instead and think about all kinds of stuff-stuff that is exciting and stimulating and keeps me up too late. For instance, how can I make vegan candy sushi without using cake? Are colored Twizzlers vegan? Do Swedish worms exist? Will rice crispy squares roll? Where can I buy fruit leather that comes in a big circle like we used to eat in the 70s? I keep thinking that a Halloween party would be fun, and the perfect opportunity to make all kinds of fun treats--including candy sushi! Now that I have it in my head to have a Halloween party, I've begun thinking too much about All the Fun kinds of stuff I can make--and I've been looking all over the web for ideas. 365 Halloween is an awesome vegan site that has all kinds of ideas and recipes. Today, I used up part of a credit I have and bought myself a "jello" brain mold and these cool molds you fill with liquid to freeze and make shot glasses with. Then I saw this book for sangria, Sangria: Fun and Festive Recipes, by Mittie Hellmich, and I knew it was meant to be. My mom brought me a vintage punch bowl with matching cups a few years ago, and I still haven't broken them in. I think October is a perfect time for this, especially since I want to make an ice mold with plastic spiders--tarantulas and sangria are a perfect match. The recipes look great, and since dazee can't drink red wine (headaches), I was really pleased to see a whole chapter on Sangria Blanca, with white wine. Two recipes stand out to me and they include amaretto and Frangelico in their booze list. Such exciting stuff! I'm sure I'll be blogging about all of these crazy ideas, so be ye warned. This means vegan kitty litter cakes will be discussed as well as caramel chocolate spiders.

xo
kittee

5 comments:

  1. thanks for reminding me why you make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woman, you have officially lost your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kittee, there are no words.

    you both astound me and crack me up with your brilliance.

    as for the kitty litter cake, that is just scary!

    ooh, just reminded myself go go check e-mail as there might be a kitt-ee-gram!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see pictures of every ghoulish deeeeeeeeee-lite you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do my best thinking while laying in bed waiting to fall asleep too! I can't wait to see what you cook up!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, unless you're a spammer.
Spamming kills baby sea turtles.