These babies are currently in the oven, I'll report back with results, but I think they'll be good since the texture seemed right on. Next time, I'll probably add a spot of liquid smoke or maybe some prepared horseradish.
In a bowl, mix everything together. Pat about 1/4 cup packed tofu stuff firmly into burger shapes and place on an oiled cookie sheet and sprinkle with paprika. Mine fetched eleven burgers.
- 16 oz x-tra firm tofu, squeezed to reduce liquid as much as possible.
- 1 cup cooked black beans (I used leftovers from the fridge.)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon or so of Tony Chachere's SALT FREE seasoning (this is great stuff, but it gets in my nose when I use it.)
- 3 big chard leaves (use thick veins, steam quickly, chop finely and squeeze to get out liquid)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax-meal
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons coarse prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- season to taste with pepper-mill and salt